Instructor for Fundaments of Financial Planning & Insurance Planning
Doug Lindsey is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional and has been with MGM since 2008. Doug has a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. Doug loves helping clients align their money with their personal goals and specializes in retirement income planning and social security issues. He has the heart of a teacher and is currently teaching Social Security and Medicare classes at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNM Continuing Education. Doug has worked for many companies over his 30 year career, including IBM, Albuquerque Public Schools, and Intuit (creator of Quicken, Quickbooks, and Turbotax). He is a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and a past president of the New Mexico FPA.
Doug loves running and mountain biking in the foothills and belongs to a book club where he enjoys reading everything from post-apocalypse fiction to philosophy, science, and humor. He was an avid water skier in his youth and wishes Albuquerque had more lakes. He enjoys pop-up trailer camping in the mountains with Cindy and the kids, playing cards and strategy games, dark chocolate, and dark beer. He is learning to play the electric guitar (mid-life crisis).
Degrees Held: BS Computer Science from Illinois State University, with honors, University Honors Scholar, magna cum laude
Professional Designations: CFP
Professional Practice Experience:
- 30 years business experience including last 9 at MGM, an RIA in Albuquerque managing 200 households and $100 million in client assets
- Taught for University of New Mexico’s Osher Program (adult continuing education) since 2013 - Social Security, Medicare, Cybersecurity courses
- Past President of New Mexico FPA Chapter
- Worked in education department at Intuit, Inc. – managed Quicken technical support training for both Windows and Macintosh computers
- Elementary school teacher for two years in Albuquerque